A Ukrainian visa for entering the country is required for citizens of most countries.
No visas are required for citizens of the following countries: Poland, Hungary, Romania, Mongolia, Former USSR countries (except for Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia), citizens of EU, Switzerland, Japan, Canada and United States.
Please note that there are four kinds of visas to Ukraine: transit, private, tourist and business. In order to apply for a tourist visa, you need to have a set of documentation including a Visa Support Letter from a third party. This letter, prepared for you by our company, is a third party confirmation that you are indeed going to the Ukraine. This document is faxed to you for submission to the Ukraine Consulate nearest to you. In the past, hotel confirmation number was enough but not anymore. Ukrainian Consulates all over the world accept fax copies of these documents.
After receiving a Visa Support Letter you need to apply for the visa.
You have to visit your local Ukrainian Consulate with the following documentation:
- An invitation/visa support letter from a tourist company
- Tourist Voucher — you obtain this from us via e-mail when you make your hotel booking
- Passport (valid for a minimum of 6 months after date of arrival in the Ukraine)
- Minimum 1 passport photo of 35 X 45 mm size(some Consulates require up to 3)
- Completed visa application form
- The fee
- Copy of travel insurance policy (not always required)
- Copy of your flight tickets (not always required)
At some consulates, a photocopy of your passport is enough — in other consulates they will need to obtain your passport itself in order to issue the visa. Please call your local consulate to get the details.
Standard term for visa processing is 10 working days. Term may depend on the Consulate and visa type. If necessary, visa-processing term may be shortened to 2-3 days; quick visa processing usually costs 2 times more. Transit visas are produced within 1-2 working days.